Senior Children’s Residential Support Worker - Unity Care
Salary between £24,800pa - £26,500pa inclusive of sleep-ins (pro-rata for part time)
Who are Unity Residential Care?
Unity Residential Care Services is part of the Edison Young People Group and own 14 private children’s residential homes across Staffordshire and surrounding counties. We presently have vacancies for candidates who would like to work with children and young people to join us as Residential Children’s Support Workers. Experience of working with children and young people or a similar care role is ideal but not necessary as full training will be given and all new starters who do not have a relevant or equivalent qualification will be enrolled on the QCF Level 4 Children and Young Person Family Practitioner, which will enable you to become a qualified practitioner within 12-24 months, progress in your career and provide the best care to our children.
Our mission is to improve opportunities for the children and young people in our care and education so that they can live fulfilled and enriched lives. We enrol all our staff members into an industry relevant qualification to support them progress their careers.
The role of a Senior Children’s Residential Support Worker?
- Create a safe warm caring home environment for our children and young people.
- Form effective relationships with our children and young people, help them to develop life skills and encourage educational development.
- Support our young people in daily activities such as attending schools, cleaning, shopping, family contact, community activities and holidays.
- Lead shifts and support your team members.
- All Senior Residential Support Workers will be required to support the home’s management team with day-to-day operational needs.
- Ensure all records and documentation is accurately recorded.
Get in touch
If you would like to contact Edison Young People, please complete this form. We would be very happy to hear from you.
Our schools can also be contacted through their individual websites.